A Brief History of First Trinity Lutheran Church
On July 9, 1931, First Trinity Lutheran Church was organized and incorporated as a congregation of the American Lutheran Church (ALC). By Christmas that same year, the church was constructed and dedicated. In 1942 a parsonage was built next door, with bricks to match the sanctuary. Fifteen years later, an adjacent residence was purchased and renovated for Sunday School classrooms and the pastor’s office. This residence was demolished and replaced with a spacious parish hall in 1973.
During this time of expansion, the congregation was caught up in doctrinal disputes. When the ALC departed from confessing the inerrancy (that is to say, God’s Word is unchanging truth) and infallibility (that is to say, God’s Word cannot lie or fail) of Scripture, the congregation voted to become independent in 1969. Five years later, First Trinity joined the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, which is headquartered in Mankato, Minnesota.
Five pastors have served our congregation:
Herman C. Westphal (1931-1940)
Frank J. Zaiser (1940-1962)
E.C.F. Stubenvoll III (1962-1990)
E.C.F. Stubenvoll IV (1990-2015)
Christian H. Eisenbeis (2016-present)