“History of First Trinity Lutheran Church”
On July 9, 1931, First Trinity Lutheran Church was organized and incorporated. At the time it had about 400 baptized members who joined the American Lutheran Church under its first pastor, Rev. Herman C. Westphal. Within six months, a church was constructed and dedicated on December 20, 1931. The architectural style used was Neogothic Revival. It was built as a 3-story building with a corner tower with a crenelated cornice. It has pointed arch stained glass windows. There is a Tudor arched over the main doors. The exterior is brick with stone caps.
Worship was held in both German and English. Pastor Westphal retired on 1940.
Rev. Frank J. Zaiser was installed on July 5, 1940, and served until his retirement in 1962. He published a monthly newsletter, “The Church Bell.”
On December 7, 1947, the congregation was able to burn its mortgage on the church and parsonage.
On November 4, 1962, the Rev. Emil Carl Frederick Stubenvoll, III became pastor of First Trinity. By 1964, the congregation had grown to necessitate 2 worship services each Sunday. On April 27, 1969, First Trinity voted to leave the ALC. It was independent for several years until in 1974 it voted to join the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. In 1973, the need for larger Sunday school space meant constructing a new parish hall, which was dedicated on December 2, 1973. ELS Pres. George Orvick preached at the 50th anniversary on Oct. 26, 1980. On August 26, 1990, pastor Stubenvoll retired from the ministry, serving 28 years at First Trinity.
The Rev. Emil Carl Frederick Stubenvoll, IV became the fourth pastor of First Trinity on May 29, 1990. His father, the Rev. Emil Stubenvoll, performed the rite of installation and the Rev. Fred Mueller (WELS) preached the sermon. He retired on July 12, 2015, due to the illness of his wife, Cynthia.
On January 31, 2016, the Rev. Christian Eisenbeis was installed as our fifth pastor to serve at First Trinity.